Application and Relevance
This course applies to a wide range of settings where emergencies involving cardiac arrest may occur. It is relevant for people working in education, aged and community care, sport, travel and tourism, hospitality, industry enterprises and other workplace and community settings.
Participants are required to have;
- reasonable level of verbal and written skills
- the ability to demonstrate two minutes of CPR on the floor.
Mode of Delivery and Duration
Classroom training and assessment over 3 hours
Dress and Equipment Requirements
Learners are to attend the course in comfortable non-offensive clothing. All equipment and resources to complete the course will be supplied.
This course provides the skills and knowledge to be able to handle cardiac emergency situations. It includes:
- Introduction to first aid principles
- Assessing a cardiac emergency situation
- Airway and breathing management
- Performing chest compressions
- Administering rescue breaths
- Resuscitation techniques
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
Progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of practical skills and written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge.
Victorian First Aid Services and Training is responsible for the quality of training and assessment and the issuance of the AQTF certificates.
To enrol, please go to the Victorian First Aid website. click here
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Victorian First Aid RTO 41360
How to enrol
Enrol directly at the Victorian First Aid website.